Wednesday 22 May 2013

The One Piece


I don't think I've worn a swim suit since my early teens, when a simple speedo costume was the go-to for obligatory school swimming lessons. Maybe it's down to the unpredicatable nature of the British summer or just being that one year older, but this summer the one piece is suddenly really appealing. I'm talking about those simple, classic shapes that feel a little bit 90s and a little bit 60s all at once, with spaghetti straps, low-backs or strapless necklines for an end result Herb Ritts or Slim Aarons would be proud of. I love the idea of wearing high-waisted denim shorts over the top of them too.

I remember watching Mon Pere ce Heros when I was about twelve and falling for her yellow costume but never quite managed to find just the right replica. I'm not sure yellow will be making an appearance this time round but a new hunt is ongoing, starting with my current favourites below;







No comments:

Post a Comment