Monday 20 May 2013

Summer Beauty



Winter and high summer are the two times a year I invest in a few new products to try and stave off the inevitable straw-like, discoloured hair and parched skin that both seasons tend to bring. Plus, having a bit of tan or even just the odd freckle after a winter of pale, grey skin calls for a welcome makeup bag update too.

I find dealing with partially coloured hair a constant battle as you have two different textures to deal with (anyone with ballyage or ombre hair will know what I'm talking about!) and after my recent trip to Mexico with salt showers for a week, the ends of my hair are in need of some serious of TLC. I've heard great things about Living Proof and this Restore mask is meant to work miracles. I'm also tempted to go for the Restore Recovery Regimen programme for an intensive 5 week blitz.  I've always avoided Bumble & Bumble's surf spray for fear of it drying out my flyaway hair completely but the shampoo and conditioner take on it sound much more doable and just right in terms on the end result. I learnt the hard way many years ago about the perils of not looking after blonde hair in the sun (and spent the next year trying to rebuild my quite literally broken locks) so a protective spray is always a must for me and this one by Phyto is pretty good value compared to lots of other boutique brands. 

In terms of make up, the summer for me means much less makeup and pretty much only at night so just a couple of new additions are on my radar. I bought Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks for my mum and sister as presents recently and have been hankering after one for myself ever since and Charlie of My Little Eye recently got me onto these Nars lip pencils. This shade would totally wash me out in the winter but looks just the right shade of 90s on holiday. 

And last but not least, the most indulgent want on the list is Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Body Oil which is basically summer in a bottle. Working as both a fragrance and moisturizer in the evening, it smells amazing and succeeds in making anywhere feel like an exotic escape.  But be warned, the entire Bronze Goddess range seems to sell out by July every year so get in there sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment